Hostile Timers In short
This lightweight plugin allows you to change the length of the hostile timers – the giant red text that informs you that lethal force has been authorised, when you been naughty in certain situations. A smaller timer can be seen in the top-right corner when outside of a Safe Zone. By default, Rust has 3 different timers set at: 5 minutes (when a player violates Safe Zone rules), 60 seconds (when damaging entities outside of Safe Zone) and 30 seconds (when walking into a Safe Zone while brandishing a weapon), respectively. This plugin allows you to change each of those 3 timers to whatever length you want – shorter or longer, it doesn’t matter. You can use a permission of your choice – or use the built-in one – and based on that permission, players can experience different timer durations. If you want, you can make certain players completely immune from being marked as hostile by giving them a built-in immunity permission – or if you don’t even have any Safe Zones on your map and you just want to get rid of that red counter in the top-right corner for everyone, you can completely disable players being marked as hostile. Admins can also mark and unmark players or themselves as hostile with immediate effect.
See the video below.
- Change the hostile timers for players. There’s 3 of them in vanilla Rust: 5 minutes, 60 seconds and 30 seconds. Now you can make each one of them however long you want!
- Permission-based timers, you can provide your own permission or use the built-in one. Give your VIP players some slack – or on the contrary, do you want to make it extra hard for everyone? 24 hour hostility timer would sure be inhumane… wouldn’t it? 😉
- Disable hostile timers completely, if that’s what you choose. Do you have a build server, arena server or a One Grid type of map with no Safe Zones? Get rid of that unneccessary red timer in the top-right!
- As an admin, make certain players immune to being marked as hostile (good for testing)
- As an admin, unmark yourself or other players from being hostile with immediate effect
- Or mark yourself or someone else as hostile, immediately, for whatever length you want. Punishing/trolling knows no limits.
- Compatible with all plugins, including Vanish/BetterVanish!
- Lightweight and performance friendly (about 540 lines of code, less than 25 kb!)
I’m not going to speak legalese here. It’s going to be short and to the point. By purchasing Hostile Timers you hereby agree to these conditions:
- If something goes wrong with your server (not that it will!) while using this plugin, you will not hold Nikedemos responsible. You use the plugin at your own risk. Always make sure you make backup copies before experimenting with anything.
- You are granted a license to use the plugin on up to 6 servers at time. You have to be the owner or co-owner of those servers. This license will never expire. When the plugin gets updated, every license owner is entitled to an update.
- You will not distribute this plugin in any shape or form – not on forums, social media, not to your friends, not to other server owners nor other plugin developers. Making plugins takes time and effort and I really appreciate respecting plugin developers by not stealing their work. The only way to legally own and use Hostile Timers on a server you own is to purchase a license. If you’re not a permanent co-owner on a particular server (that has been participating in the server costs/revenue), you can’t deploy the plugin there, even if you’re friends with the owner. They have to purchase a separate license.