How do I host this .zip/.7z file I just purchased on my server?
• First, you want to unzip the file. You can do so by just double-clicking it to open, then drag the contents to the desired location (you may need to install an external unzipping software if you don’t already have one)
• Next you will find either a structure of folders or just the .map file itself (it’s the important one).
• Once the .map is uploaded to dropbox simply copy the share link attached to it.
• You will first start off by uploading the .map file to an online hosting provider, I’ll include dropbox since it’s easy to get started with.
• Once you’ve copied the link paste it into your server’s startup .bat (batch) file. (You can leave the worldsize/seed. Custom maps override proc gen parameters)
• Example “levelurl “https:// www dropbox dot com/s/sdfagbragae/testmapname.map?dl=1”
• Make SURE the dl=0 at the end is changed to dl=1 otherwise players won’t be able to join!
• Now just start your server and it’ll boot right up! Below I’ll attach a video that goes more in-depth on hosting custom maps vs proc gen maps since it’s a tad different
• Installation is not included with any products on the site, however, if needed we may assist if you reach out to our support.
• If the product contains a plugin file (.cs) it’s advised to have it installed prior to booting your server with the map you purchased
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.