Amusement Rides In short
This plugin allows to craft, deploy, maintain, raid and use different types of carnival, fairground and theme park Rides. Players can set up their own attractions and anyone you allow can ride them for fun. You can charge for the pleasure – what a fun way to get rich! Some Amusement Rides come with music, some of them can kill you, some you can operate manually, some can be helpful from a tactical standpoint. Early Access comes with 3 attractions (with more already in the works!), fun physics, easy to navigate GUIs and a detailed documentation.
Check out the video.
0.8 UPDATE: NEW RIDE! MECHANICAL BULL!
As seen on Oblivion!
4 unique Rides – and more coming soon!
The Vomit Comet, Merry-Go-Round, the Ferris Wheel and Mechanical Bull. Each unique, each with its own gimmick, each will make for a picturesque landmark AND a fun way to spend some scrap.
Easy on the CPU – despite its unprecedented scope
This plugin was made with optimisation in mind – and that process will never end. It utilises very cheap, “piggyback” physics updates that are built into Rust/Unity – no re-inventing the wheel, just re-purposing it. Amusement Rides can easily handle thousands of entities moving/revolving at once AND it looks as smooth as native Rust physics, with minimum overhead.
Intuitive, easy to navigate GUI
Gone are the days of spawning with hard-to-remember commands (but you still can, if you’re an admin). Just open your Workbench, see what Rides are available for that level (what they look like, how much they cost, what’s special about them), and get crafting! This feature can be disabled in the config if you only want admins to be able to craft Rides.
Every Ride is configured from a GUI, too. Authorised players can decide different settings about the Ride (and again, more settings coming soon – that’s why I left some space there!)
Different ways of setting up rides
By default, every player can craft any ride provided they have the right Workbench and enough resources. You can disable that in the config so only admins can deploy rides. Apart from crafting, as an admin, you can also give yourself (or another player) the ride item without crafting with one simple command. Another way is spawning the Ride directly where you are – this ignores any proximity checks for Rides an entities nearby. Again – everything’s in the documentation!
Great way to encourage player PVP and interaction
Just like Vending machines, Rides can attract visitors – both wanted and not-so-wanted! They usually hold upkeep resources and admission fee items in its container – so make sure you lock them up and keep an eye for those pesky raiders! Or better yet, pick them up once you’re done, and deploy them again anywhere, any time. Having a pop-up Carnival has never been this easy!
Some Rides are not just for fun/getting rich quick: they’re also useful on their own, as tactical structures. Roof camping from the Ferris Wheel? Hiding behind the door in the Merry Go Round? Launching yourself over the walls of an enemy compound with the aid of the Vomit Comet? Shhh, if anyone asks, you didn’t hear that from me…
Early Access: Why? What does it mean? What are the perks?
There’s only one way to properly test the limits of a plugin of this magnitude – with the help of you and your players. The advantages of getting the plugin during its Early Access phase are quite obvious: it gives you a chance to play around with Amusement Rides before anyone else – and also for a discounted price! – AND it gives me a chance to track down every possible edge case scenario where things might go wrong (bugs, plugin incompatibilities, features I might have overlooked etc). So it’s a win win, both for the developer AND the server owners.
As an Early Access User you will be exempt from the 6 server limit (upon verification) and you’ll get to test new Rides as soon as they’re out.
Being a part of Early Access crew also grants you a special role on the discord – and with it, all the latest scoop on the different cool things that I have in the works, including Amusement Rides!
Will there be more rides?
Sooner than you might think! All Rides added to the plugin during Early Access will end up in the “base” version, no extra keys needed when the official release 1.0.0 is out, everyone gets to keep theirs!
I’m not going to speak legalese here. It’s going to be short and to the point. By purchasing Amusement Rides you hereby agree to these conditions:
- If something goes wrong with your server (not that it will!) while using this plugin, you will not hold Nikedemos responsible. You use the plugin at your own risk. Always make sure you make backup copies before experimenting with anything.
- You are granted a license to use the plugin on up to 6 servers at time. You have to be the owner or co-owner of those servers. This license will never expire. When the plugin gets updated, every license owner is entitled to an update.
- You will not distribute this plugin in any shape or form – not on forums, social media, not to your friends, not to other server owners nor other plugin developers. Making plugins takes time and effort and I really appreciate respecting plugin developers by not stealing their work. The only way to legally own and use Amusement Rides on a server you own is to purchase a license. If you’re not a permanent co-owner on a particular server (that has been participating in the server costs/revenue), you can’t deploy the plugin there, even if you’re friends with the owner. They have to purchase a separate license.
FEATURES COMING SOON
- More global configuration options for different types of experience
- More fun rides
- GUI-Based step-by-step tutorial for players!
- More control over ride configuration (different images on signs, different speed settings etc)
- Did I mention ROLLERCOASTERS?!
- More control over operating rides (start/stop buttons, turning lights on and off etc)
- Support for ServerRewards and Economics
- Comprehensive permission system
- API Hooks/Methods
Are you looking for an awesome monument to host your Rides? Check out Gruber’s Amusement Park map!
(NOTE: This is a separate product by a third party Vendor. It’s not required for Amusement Rides, but it compliments them perfectly!)